Leather handbags are original accessories to invest in and hold on to. Still, sometimes, leather bags can be tricky when it comes to taking care of them.
Black leather purse, brown leather bags, or whatever color your leather bags come in, all need to be regularly cleaned and protected to maintain its stylish class and glow.
Here are some simple tips to help you take care of your black leather bag.
- Get the necessary pen lids and makeup bags – This is to ensure that all your makeup brushes, lipsticks, open pens, or smashed powders don’t stain the interior of your leather bag. No matter the color of your leather bag, ink and makeup stains are the toughest to clean because of their high oil content.
- Clean it proportionally to its usage – The more you use a bag, the more frequently you need to clean it. If it’s every day, then wipe it every two months. If it’s for special occasions, then clean it every six months. Start cleaning it from the inside out with a foam and cleaning solution. Massage it thoroughly and give it a few minutes to dry before applying the protection cream on the outside. Pay extra care to the frequently touched areas, corners, and handles and leave it to dry for at least ten minutes.
- Remove liquid stains – This may range from hair dyes to beverages. Start by blooming it with a tissue or a clean, dry cloth to absorb the liquid spilled on it—next use a damp cloth and warm water to blot the stained area. Start from the outside and then work on the inside. Use a cleaner if you possess one and use a tissue or clean, dry cloth to absorb the excess cleaner or water. Note: Do not rub the affected area to avoid spreading the stain. Finally, please leave it to air-dry as forcing it to dry under heat will only shrink it.
- Remove odors – Pull out the lining of the bag, if it has one and thoroughly cleanse it. Clean out all the pockets and wipe off the handles. When done, apply a protection cream on the leather bag.
- Avoid leaving your leather handbags in direct sunlight as it wrinkles the leather and makes colors fade. Also, stay-off saddle soaps.
- Don’t bite off more than your leather bag can chew – This means there should be a limit to what the contents of your bag should carry, so as not to cause strain on the straps or handles.
- Finally, store your black leather handbags when you’re not using it. Also, keep it stuffed when you’re not using it as leather bags tend to shrink.
Black leather handbags are classic, and they are fashion statements that can match any piece of clothing or accessories. So, it is essential to keep it as stylish and sophisticated as the day you first bought it. Stick to these fantastic tips, and you’ll never regret purchasing your leather bag.